Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Summer Shalom Intern from Drew University

     I would like to introduce our summer Shalom intern, Shannon Sullivan from Drew University.  Shannon will arrive on June 13, and stay until July 22, 2011.  Shannon's home is Norrisville, Maryland.  She has completed her second year at Drew and plans to graduate next May, 2012.  Below are few words from Shannon:
 
     I bring with me passion and energy for doing the work of Shalom. I have worked at progressive non-profits like Faith in Public Life and Protestant Community Centers, Inc. (PCCI), that provided me with opportunities to better learn organizational and administrative skills, communications and media work, as well as opportunities to work with children (at PCCI). I have experience planning community events designed to bring diverse communities together, through my work linking churches as an intern with Carlisle, PA-area United Methodist Churches and through my supervised ministry work with PCCI's mentoring program between inner-city Newark kids and suburban and urban community houses of worship and universities. I also bring with me a willingness to be flexible and an eagerness to learn new skills.

INTERESTS: I am very interested in urban ministry. I learned some with PCCI in Newark, but I never had the opportunity to sit with people and listen to their stories. On that note, I am also interested in listening to people's stories.

     Shannon will return from a trip to Bosnia right before she starts her internship here in York, PA.  I will be contacting the Shalom Site Coordinators to schedule a day for Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment